Fabba killer pleads not guilty
Sindisiwe Manqele accused of murdering hip hop star Nkululeko Habedi known as Fabba pleaded not guilty on Monday, News 24 reports.
Manqele claimed she killed Hadebi in self-defence. The State is opposing bail for Manqele saying she was a danger to herself as she had attempted suicide, eNCA reported.
Earlier, police tape had been placed outside the court entrance, with members of the public and media asked to stand on the periphery of the tape, Sapa stated.
Only media and family members of Habedi and were being allowed into the court.
Curious onlookers watched as the media set up cameras on the pavement in the middle of the busy morning commute outside the court.
This was in contrast to the scene outside the court following Manqele’s first appearance last Monday, the same day Habedi was killed and she was arrested.
At the time, local residents clashed with a group of women and a man, understood to be Manqele’s relatives. The two groups traded insults, and the residents insisted Manqele should not be granted bail.
Inside the court building on Monday, media waited to be let in by officials, in discussion among themselves about access control and courtroom capacity.
Habedi, a member of hip hop group Skwatta Kamp, was stabbed to death at his home early last Monday morning, allegedly by Manqele, thought to be his girlfriend.
Police said they were called to Habedi’s Alexandra home at 04:00, where the 38-year-old musician was killed.
Family spokesperson Tshepang Habedi said his brother was stabbed once in the heart.